Quote of the Day
Kimoe’s ideas never seemed to be able to go in a straight line; they had to walk around this and avoid that, and then they ended up smack against a wall. There were walls around all his thoughts, and he seemed utterly unaware of them, though he was perpetually hiding behind them.Ursula K. LeGuin, The Dispossessed
Maybe I haven’t been able to concentrate today because it went down to the 30s last night and I stubbornly kept a window open and the heat off. And now it’s afternoon and the house is still 64 degrees. I think my brain is a little frozen.
In any case, the concentration doesn’t seem to be happening, so I’m going to just list off some interesting links that I have stumbled over but haven’t read. Maybe I can ponder some more about AIs for my story before writing the day off and baking to warm the place up faster.
- I almost don’t want to know
- Why can’t I stop thinking about streaming solarpunk games on YouTube?
- Make this story not exist. No, seriously. This. Shouldn’t. HAPPEN.
- I have to find local versions of these services
- Clarity is important to writers, and I’ve had issues with being to obscure and opaque in my writing in the past, so this could help?
- Thousands of clothing brands, rated for how sustainable and fair to their workers they are. Which I know is a very problematic thing from both sides, as Salem Tovar points out in her excellent video essay. Since I hate buying new clothes and keep even things I get from fast fashion places until they have holes in them, at least maybe this can lead me to better quality so I can keep the three items I actually like for longer.
There, I think this list properly sums up the wonder and the horror of living on the Internet. I wasn’t going for that, but neither were the people who started the Internet. Here we all are.